I need to be a bit more religious about putting stuff in this pensieve of mine (fans of Harry Potter would know what I mean). In fact I almost forgot I had a blog of my own. Not good. Anyways let me make a fresh start and see if I can keep the quill rolling (or keyboard tapping for you 21st century geeks).
Speaking of fresh starts I must be thankful to 'Someone' up there for giving me one on August 19th, 2010. I intend to celebrate this day as my second birthday from here on. To cut the long story short (read to cut the gory details) I was rear ended by a Chevy pickup truck on the freeway while I was driving to my office. The after effects of the crash thankfully were more severe on the vehicle than the driver.
Whoever saw the remains of the car couldn't help but wonder aloud how lucky it was for me to step out of that mess with minimal damages. As for me, the sight of my car on the day after at the tow yard is the most humbling experience I've had till date. I feel lucky myself for the following reason - for most folks the realization of the value of life doesn't really sink in till old age but for me it came early. Within literally a few seconds this beautiful gift - of being alive - can be taken away from us. But that was not to happen in this case. I was given a second chance. The least I can do on my part as a token of appreciation is to cut down on my laziness and procrastination and give my enterprises a second chance.
Getting back to scribing my thoughts here is just one of my unfinished businesses. So happy reading folks. Keep the brickbats coming. I think I can take a hit!
No comments:
Post a Comment